Charitable Lead Trust
How it Works
- You contribute securities or other appreciated assets to a charitable lead trust.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to William & Mary for a period of time.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining principal is paid to your heirs.
- Income payments to us for a term reduce the ultimate tax cost of transferring an asset to your heirs.
- The amount and term of the payments to
William & Mary can be set so as to reduce or even eliminate transfer taxes due when the principal reverts to your heirs.
- All appreciation that takes place in the trust goes tax-free to the individuals named in your trust.
Download a brochure on this topic: